Monday, August 28, 2006

Bend me, Stretch me...

Matt: After a busy week entertaining with too many late night, early starts and working everyday I'm shattered, so I thought I'd join some friends and try out Yoga for the first time. Ohhh... Arrrhhhg... Ouch...
After stiffling a fit of laughter when the lights dimmed, the candles were lit and our host Nelson began chanting "Relaxssssssssssss... Relaxssssssssss..." like Gollum trying to chill Sam Gamgee out, we managed to compose ourselves and begin. It was very good, lying in a darkened room with an Indian incantation melodically lulling you in the background whilst we bent and stretched into numerous unnatural positions and poses and tried to control our breathing.
It really was surreal and it bought a few things home to me. Here I was, in Dubai with the Burj Al Arab all lit up just outside the window, some really great freinds around me, i'm fit and healthy with a whole life ahead of me... Even with all the stresses of work - life is really good!!!

So, will I go again? hell yeah, it was great and in combination with my other fitness activities I imagine it's gonna be very complimentary. James, Lindsey, Naomi and Fabiola all had lots of fun too, I think we might make it a regular thing... Join us if ya wanna try something a little different!!

No comments: