Monday, March 10, 2008

Home-Coming

Matt: The rain has just started, again, and the storms are due at anytime now. I just hope the 80 miles per hour winds they are predicting today don't delay my flight back to the sunshine!!

It's been a great trip back to the UK, 10 days of family and friends, but it's coming to a close today.

Last weekend saw an influx of Family for Ma and Pa's 40th (Ruby) Wedding anniversary, 2 days of celebrations, food and joviality ensued. It was great to see folk, that I haven't seen in years and even at my age they are STILL saying 'Oh hasn't he grown' and other such classics.

Ma and Pa are truly an inspiration to us all, the trails and tribulations they have been through over the years and the everyday troubles they have to contend with must be extremely taxing. But in a time when divorce and separation are rife, they still stand together strong. They renewed their vows to each other on 2nd March 2008 at Clarenece Park Baptist Church and I don't think there was a dry eye in the house after Mother made her moving speech.

Congratulation to you both, from you ever loving Son. Dubai may be a world away to you, but I hold you both extremely close to my heart everyday.

P.S. Way-to-go Pops, with the whole stair and hall enduro ;)

No comments: