Sunday, July 30, 2006

Happy Birthday Karen

Matt: It is lovely Karen's Birthday on Tuesday, but we decided to celebrate on Thursday with a cocktail party. After arriving at the party Ramie and I were sent into deepest darkest Mirdif to stock up on ingredients. It was bizarre indeed, the shop assistances were most helpful, I think in all we had 5 maybe 6 of them help us find things by the time we left, at one point we had 4 with us searching an aisle. The party was good fun though, god knows what went into some of those drinks, needless to say lots of colourful concoctions were consumed. Sometimes I am so greatful I don't drink.

The rest of the weekend was good fun too. Up early for run on Friday morning with James, we did 7k in the heat which was pretty good going, considering I had 5.5 hours sleep and there was a shamal. Ali will be pleased to hear I finally managed to see Superman Returns, it was entertaining, but felt it could have been better. Maybe the next one will improve upon the good foundations they've now set in place.
Vanda is back safe and sound from her 3 weeks home to Portugal, she's come back suitable tanned too. I was really nice to see her, Sami is most pleased to have his sweetheart back - bless!! She bought me some really nice prints of Portugal as a present, they will be going up in "Villa Moore Wilson" very soon. Thanks V. x

No comments: